2022 Michigan Counties Legislative Conference
March 21 @ 12:00 pm - March 23 @ 12:00 pm
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer will keynote the 2022 Michigan Counties Legislative Conference, addressing a plenary session of the event on Wednesday, March 23.
The 2022 event, co-hosted by the Michigan Association of Counties and the Michigan County Medical Care Facilities council, also will feature:
- A plenary session address by Larry Johnson, president of the National Association of Counties
- A MAC Legislative Update, led by Deena Bosworth, director of governmental affairs
- Remarks from MAC President Phil Kuyers of Ottawa County and Executive Director Stephan Currie
- Breakout sessions on current challenges for county leaders, including workforce development, the Open Meetings Act, trends in mobility on Michigan roads, American Rescue Plan spending and how to deal with stress in these stressful times
- A Legislative Reception on the evening of Tuesday, March 22, during which MAC will present its County Advocate Awards for legislative service in 2021
The conference will be an in-person event, though MAC plans to livestream select breakout sessions on Facebook.