Grandvue Medical Care Facility — Licensed Social Worker
Grandvue, Charlevoix County’s Medical Care Facility, is looking for a Licensed Social Worker to join our Social Work and Admissions Team and assist Residents in attaining or maintaining the highest practicable physical, mental and psychosocial well-being possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work
- Minimum of 2 years of supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals
- Experience/education in gerontology
- Passion for person-centered care
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of interpersonal and family/system dynamics
Salary: DOQE; outstanding benefits program, including:
- Blue Care Network Insurance—choose the plan that best meets your needs. Single coverage available at no cost to employee; double and family coverage also available
- Vision Insurance—free single coverage, double or family coverage for less than $10/month
- Delta Dental Insurance available for the whole family
- $20,000 company-paid life insurance
- Longevity bonus after 3 years of service
- Generous time-off plan
- Facility-paid retirement plan
How to apply:
Download our application and consent forms from www.grandvue.org or pick up in the facility’s vestibule at 1728 S. Peninsula Road, East Jordan. If you have questions, please call Human Resources at (231) 536-2286. Within the application are the instructions on emailing/mailing the finished form to us.
Annual influenza vaccine and COVID-19 vaccine or facility-approved exemption required.
Deadline: Sept. 30, 2022
Posted: Aug. 2, 2022
Sanilac Medical Care Facility — Administrator
The Sanilac County Department of Health and Human Services Board is searching for an Administrator for their 104-bed County Medical Care Facility. This not-for-profit, skilled nursing facility located in Sandusky, Mich. (pop. 2,796) has been providing quality care to the residents of Sanilac County since 1968.
The facility offers long- and short-term skilled care services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Services include, but are not limited to, a Rehabilitation Unit of 20 short-stay private rooms; and a secure 20-bed memory care unit for Dementia/Alzheimer’s residents.
- Possess a current Michigan Nursing Home Administrator license with no restrictions
- Strong financial knowledge of all reimbursement systems for not-for-profit nursing facilities, especially in the state of Michigan
- Knowledge of Michigan rules and federal regulations
- Strong management leadership skills
- Most importantly, a strong desire and compassion and care to serving our elderly
How to apply:
Send resumes and at least three references to Ruth MacAlpine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Open until filled
Posted: July 28, 2022
Gogebic Medical Care Facility — Nursing Home Administrator
Gogebic Medical Care Facility, a 100-bed, 24/7 skilled nursing facility in Wakefield in the Western Upper Peninsula, is seeking a Nursing Home Administrator. We are dedicated to exceeding the needs and expectations of residents, families, and our community. If you have a desire to lead others to promote your vision, then you have the potential to have a long, lucrative career with us.
- Exercises authority and assumes responsibility and accountability for the facility and manages the facility operations within established guidelines and provides effective supervision of staff for all departments
- Develops and implements an annual Facility Assessment, which outlines operational goals and objectives for the Facility
- Develops an annual operating budget for the Facility
- Monitors performance in comparison to the facility assessment and budget, communicating modifications and/or additions to DHHS Board
- Manages Facility operations within established guidelines
- Oversees operation of each Facility department to assure compliance with operating policies and procedures and the operation of a licensed nursing home
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- LNHA required in Michigan
- Background in LTC/SNF management
- Thorough understanding of federal/state law pertaining to skilled nursing facilities
Salary: Competitive wage; benefits include county pension plan, paid time off and holiday pay, employee assistance services and health, eye and dental insurance
How to apply:
Applications are available at GMCF (see address below) or online at www.gogebicmedicalcare.com.
Applicants may mail submit:
- By mail to: Cheri Brentar, Personnel Supervisor, GMCF, 402 North St., Wakefield, MI 49968
- By email to: email@example.com
- On our website: gogebicmedicalcare.com
For questions, call 906-224-9811, ext. 107.
Deadline: Aug. 31, 2022
Posted: July 21, 2022