MCFs issue $10,000 in college scholarships around Michigan
The Michigan County Medical Care Facilities Council has announced the recipients of its 2018 Gary Easton MCMCFC Scholarship Awards. This year, the scholarship was renamed in honor of Gary Easton who has served as the Administrator at the Lapeer County Medical Care Facility for 40 years. Easton also is a former MCMCFC president and has served as chair of the Scholarship Committee since its inception in 1989.
Ten people were chosen to receive $1,000 scholarships in 2018. Recipients must be enrolled in a health-related program and be an employee of a Medical Care Facility (MCF) or related to an employee.
“These scholarships are direct investments in the people who ensure, or will ensure, the best possible care for our residents across Michigan,” said Don Haney, administrator at Thornapple Manor MCF and president of the MCMCFC Board.
Since 2000, The MCMCFC Scholarship Fund has awarded nearly $125,000 in scholarship funds to 144 students. Our three scholarships combined are funded through the organization’s annual golf outing, silent auction and raffle held during our Spring Management Conference and have awarded just over $151,000 to 184 deserving students.
This year’s recipients are:
- Tara Bateson, for Oceana County MCF
- Miranda Claire Brown, for Jackson County MCF
- Blessing Chemhazo, for Ingham County MCF
- Halie LeSage, for Marquette County MCF
- Rachel Pallin, for Gogebic County MCF
- Samantha Pionk, for Huron County MCF
- Candice Robinson, for Jackson County MCF
- Marilyn Stancroff, for Lapeer County MCF
- Rebecca Timon, for Tuscola County MCF
- Krista Wood, for Maple Lawn MCF (Branch County)
Congratulations to all of the winners!